Interpreters of Colour Network (IOCN) are seeking a freelance part-time administrator. The network was established in July 2020. We are a vibrant organisation with some members in Europe. IOCN is a large and diverse group of interpreters both deaf and
hearing, who have come together to offer a nurturing and safe space for interpreters that identify as being part of the global majority, within the signed language interpreting and translation profession.
The network has grown rapidly, therefore, we are seeking a part time administrator to assist the Steering Group in day-to-day administrative duties.
Hours: 5 hours per week £18.00 phr (1 hour a day, Monday to Friday) for six months, but we can discuss alternative configurations.
(At busier times additional hours may be offered).
Location: The role is home based but the person may need to travel to meetings nationally.
Objectives of this role:
The successful candidate will assist the Steering Group with the expansion of IOCN and to promote the values and ethos of the network and members. We actively encourage people of colour, deaf and or disabled people to apply.
• Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: responding to emails, assisting with the newsletter, distributing incoming mail, assisting with maintaining the website.
• Working closely with the Steering Group on projects.
• Assisting with finance; keeping up to date records of membership fees, create invoices, oversee the invoice workflow.
• Schedule and track meetings and appointments, assist with travel arrangements as and when required.
• Assisting with the training schedule.
• Help with the allocation of jobs via the website.
• Creating and distributing certificates for training.
• Supporting with fundraising.
Skills and qualifications
• Previous administrative experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
• Strong communication skills.
• Proficient computer and Microsoft Office skills.
• Ability to manage and prioritise their own workload.
• Attention to detail.
• Customer service focused.
• BSL level 2 or a heritage signer would be preferred but not essential.
The closing date for this post is: 24th of June 2022 5pm.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Steering Group.